February has been a MONTH. Ugh.
Anyways, like we all know, life happens. Ups and downs are natural whether we like it or not. From everything that has happened at the end of last year going into this new year, I have decided for this lent, I will not be giving a physical object up but rather a couple of habits I have harbored.
The fact that I can freely discuss my religion without fear is a whole load of privilege and a tangent that we must and shall discuss at another time v soon.
And with that, I digress.
As I said before, I have given up two habits this lent; those habits being: negativity and lack of ownership. Generally, I am a p positive person who looks at the world with a glass half empty point of view. Though this characteristic is easily applicable to everyday life and towards loved ones, it can often be the hardest type of love to give to yourself. As the saying goes, you are your hardest critic.
It is fairly easy to give into comparing where you are to everyone else, questioning if you are where you should be at this age from a societal norm POV, to believe that what you accomplished is good but is it good enough? So on and so forth.
A habit that is extremely detrimental when in fact you have accomplished a great deal in your life, you are a good person and you should be your biggest hype gal because you do deserve it.
From early on, I have always been confident in myself- though it may not seem like it due to my timid nature. But don't get it twisted, I understand my worth, who I am and what I have to offer. I am a hoot and a half. I found that frustration from things in life has started to trickle its way in to try to crack this confidence I have constructed- um no thank you. Thus, how the idea to give up negativity came to mind.
As for the latter of the two habits, I believe this one was important for me to practice in order to grow as a human, woman and overall adult. I am a stubborn person; depending on the situation, this characteristic can be good or bad. Though it is good to be strong in your stance, it's hard to welcome growth when it comes knocking on your door and you're too set in your habits to allow curiosity to answer the call.
When you own up to the fact that you don't know everything, you will be wrong, you have a lot to learn and you have and will continue to make mistakes, only then can you grow into who you should become.
Whoa. Mic drop.
I am a firm believer in everything happening for a reason and that timing is everything. Over the year, my patience has grown, my faith and overall trust in the big man upstairs has grown to new levels and a newfound fire has been reignited. For once, I'm feeling that this retrograde Mercury is going through won't be a pain in my side this time, rather a positive reset. Just like the weather, a new season has sprung and I am actually ready for it.
Come on, bring it. I triple dog dare ya.
Till next time, cheers!
Clo

Post a Comment