Mio Amore

January 14, 2020




Your selflessness, your humor, your acceptance & your love are characteristics that only scratch the surface of who you were. These characteristics and the lessons that came from watching you live your life make me feel blessed to have had you in my life & praying that I possess even a fraction of these qualities. 

You were my partner in crime, my right hand (or left hand) man, both figuratively and literally because I was never not by your side for every Wednesday Night meal, outing or wherever we were. For Jack, you were his best friend; he loved every lunch, dinner- basically, anytime you guys hung out together. In general, you passed your love (mainly your love for food down to me) which made us an unstoppable team. We could devour a whole pound of pasta or mussels like it was nobody’s business. How can anyone fill that spot? We ate a lot, that’s one big shoe to fill don’t ya think? 

Even from eating as much food as possible, and you always count on me to refill your plate, it didn’t matter how big or small or important my accomplishment was, you were always rooting for me. You were my favorite and best number one fan anyone could have asked for. Whenever I tried a new sport, even when I was terrible, you and nana were there for every single game, competition & recital. Cheering me on; your pride in me made me feel like I could do anything. It made me confident to go to school across the country and graduate with a major I love. To have you guys there last May made my world. Seeing you in my second home & being able to show you around was the best feeling ever. You were the rock of our family, even till the end, mom told me how hard you fought & I couldn’t be prouder of you. 

I feel so blessed to have a plethora of memories with you but even then is it selfish to have wanted another 20 years of that? This the only time being the youngest sucks because everyone else had more time. 

I wish I could stop crying and the part of my heart you took with you could be returned but knowing you are no longer in pain eases all of ours. I don’t like our new normal, nobody does. You touched so many lives idk if you are aware of that. So much so that you touched your ER nurse's heart so much she wants to come to see you one last time. 

Last night when we all gathered around at our house, I know you would have loved and wished to have been there for yourself. Each time we gather around the table for dinner, I always tear up because you aren't there. My eyes wander around the room in hopes of you popping out from around the corner or walking through the door. Dinner sucks and I hate your kitchen table now. So, that's quite unfortunate for me. 

We’re not really sure how to move on and go from here but I promise we’ll take the best of care of nana. We’ll try our best to guide and love her the way you did since you guys were 12 years old. Thank you for being her soulmate, for being the best role model to our family, for being Jack's best friend & for being my other half. I will always be your eating buddy, your sweetheart, your little squirt. 

Please say hi to all of our other angels we miss, you’re in great company. Hopefully, you all are gathered around the table enjoying cocktail hour just like we always did together. 



2 comments

  1. Beautiful tribute, Claudia. I know he's super proud of the woman you've become. Thanks for sharing. He left an indelible mark on all of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was beautiful Claudia. He loved you and his family so much. He was a wonderful man and he will be missed by so many.

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Yo It's Clo. Design by FCD.