Changing The Narrative

September 22, 2019




Though it hasn't been a full 30 days since I started the 30 Day Challenge, here's what I have noticed thus far...

If you're new, welcome! If you've been here before, welcome back! 

In my previous post, I mentioned that I am participating in Alfie Deyes 30 Day Challenge. The challenge I set out for myself is to focus on what I do have rather than what I want and don't have. I found that the phrase "I want..." is relevant for material things, jobs, relationships so on. Last week, I was thinking about where this narrative stems from. Why is it in a future tense that ultimately doesn't have action?

"I want that dress; I want a relationship like that; I want to have that kind of job."


Once I began to understand and reflect upon this epiphany, I realized it's my mindset. This stems from me having goals I want to accomplish but not taking the time to figure out how to do so. I'm the one who has the power and means to redirect the conversation and change the narrative.

Change the narrative from "I want..." to "I will..." By changing the narrative, it gives me a direction towards what type of action I need to take on how to accomplish the goal I want to set out and complete.

Take a moment to figure out if this is something you actually want and how you will go about accomplishing it? How will you work for it and get it?

You are the key player; you make the moves and have the power to change your narrative. By taking time out of your day to self reflect, this will not only help your future self, but also your present self. It's never too early or too late to become the best version of yourself.

Till next time, cheers!
Clo

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Yo It's Clo. Design by FCD.