Well, it has been a minute, or perhaps I should say a month since I last posted.
During this time, I have been able to read my new books without disrupting my sleeping pattern that much since well, I have nowhere to go. With my book recommendations this time around, I will only be sharing 4 books rather than 10 since I may have gone overboard last time... Sue me, I got excited- I just love books.
So, without further ado, here are four must-reads of this month:
Clo's Book Recs
- The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez
- Now you must read The Friend Zone before reading Jimenez's second book.
- This book is a continuation of the first book but now focuses on Sloan as she continues to heal from losing her fiancé, Brandon. I have been waiting since December for this book to be released- counting down the months, the days till I was able to order it on Amazon. Back when I had read The Friend Zone, death and heartbreak were a subject I had been fortunate, at the time, to not have experienced but much has changed since then. Rewinding back to last year, my heart broke for Sloan; I couldn't fathom that type of pain. But now, fast forward to the present, I understand. I lost one of the most important people in my life and the healing process is still very much in motion. Some of the situations Sloan had to deal with when it comes to moving on hit home this time around making it difficult to read thus resulting in a 2 am sob fest but you know, nothing feels better than a good cry sometimes. Initially, when I started this book, I had forgotten what to expect and where this story would lead but with each page turned, I quickly remembered why I became enamored with Jimenez's writing. You'll go from crying of sadness to happiness all while simultaneously rooting for Sloan. The plotline may not have been what I was expecting but it definitely did not disappoint. Now I can't say anything else about this book without giving away the story but what I can do is stress how much you need to read her two books!
- This is Not a Fashion Story by Danielle Bernstein
- For my autobiography lovers, boy do I have a book for you. Danielle Bernstein is one of the many influencers amongst Instagram but one of the few who has gone beyond just linking items she recommends. First and foremost, she is a businesswoman who took a passion and made it into a career. Initially, when I first followed her, I was there for the fashion content but since then, I have grown to admire her for her work ethic and authenticity which in turn, allowed me to trust her when it came to supporting her brand recommendations and products. Yes, she is a fashion person and her book covers the growth of her business but it also focuses on life. She shares personal stories that provide a good laugh and important life lessons for all young women that are extremely valuable. Time flew by with this book; when it ended, I couldn't help but wish there was more!
- Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
- This autobiography genuinely made me laugh out loud. Kaling takes her readers on a ride as she discusses her life story while also providing situations and questions that are beyond relatable. If you're in the mood for a laugh and a quick read, give this book a go! (Can we take a minute to admire how short this review is please.)
- The Unhoneymooners by Christina Lauren
- Back at it with another rom-com rec. Now this story is definitely a light-hearted read that follows Olive and Ethan; Olive's sister is marrying Ethan's brother. They are the only two at the wedding who don't get food poisoning which in turn has Olive's sister forcing the two to go on her honeymoon so the trip doesn't go to waste. Oh and the twist, these two 'hate' each other. See, classic rom-com. Have at it fellow cheese heads!
Till next time, cheers!
Clo

Post a Comment