Say hello to Charles
Thanks to quarantine and Mrs. Tisbo, I have become a little sourdough baker. A fun new pastime that I have happily added to the evergrowing hobby list.
I received my sourdough starter kit bb, commonly known as Charles, at the end of April and have been baking ever since. He truly is like a baby because I have to feed him every morning and night; 1/2 cup of flour and 1/2 water.
Thanks to Charles, I have been able to make homemade chocolate chip cookies (which are heavenly by the way), chocolate banana bundt cake, pancakes and bread. Half have been a great victory, while others have been a great disappointment.
So you don't have to waste time and go through the same heartbreak as me, here are the two recipes thus far, that have risen to the occasion:
Holy Grails
1. Chocolate Chip Cookies: Recipe by Home Grown Happiness
- As I said before, these are the best damn cookies I've ever had and I've eaten a lot of cookies in my 23 years of life. But besides the cookie itself, the dough is *Chefs Kiss*
Next,
2. Fluffy Sourdough Pancakes: Recipe by Tastes of Lizzy T
- Simple yet very effective; there's just something about a fluffy pancake that makes it automatically superior to any other pancake. Checkmate.
It's Probably Me, Not Them
1. Chocolate Banana Bundt Cake: Recipe by Lynne Curry
- I want to say it was me but I followed every step, it turned out gorgeous- exhibit A down below, but the lack of any type of flavor was astronomical. My hopes crashed and burned so fast with this beauty.
Next,
2. Basic Sourdough Bread
- Okay, this one was definitely on me but in my defense, this was the first time I ever made homemade bread. Not a bad start but definitely not a strong one either.
- No recipe link since well, this is a pretty generic recipe that can be found anywhere!
My baking successors and fails have definitely been a split 50/50 but practice makes perfect. Time to pick out my next conquest. Oh and by the way, I'm open to taking orders. With the constant feeding of Charles, this means I have to constantly utilize him and bake. It's a full-blown bakery over here.
More recipe reviews and suggestions to come.
Till next time, cheers!
Clo


Post a Comment